Who Are We?
The Nigerian Youth Association of Maryland (NYA) is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit, non-sectional organization. The group consists of young Nigerian-Americans living and studying in the United States, especially in Maryland.
What Are We About?
The primary purpose of the NYA is to empower young Nigerian-Americans residing in the surrounding
MD-DC-VA communities to be nurtured into
responsible, well-adjusted and productive leaders.
This will be achieved by promoting integrity,
cooperation, and excellence.
Uniting and Empowering Nigerian Youth for a Positive Future
What Are Our Objectives?
* Create a network of young people
* Conduct educational and social programs to promote
unity and development of Nigerians in America
* Provide an atmosphere for healthy, unbiased
exchange of ideas
* Promote Nigerian cultural awareness in America
* To serve the Maryland community through
community service activities and charity fundraisers
How Did It All Begin?
A concerned Nigerian parent founded NYA in the summer of 2000. He believed young Nigerians had to form a network in order to achieve personal success and contribute to the success of their homeland Nigeria. He passed his vision on to his children and other young Nigerians therefore giving life to the organization.
o Join Maryland’s #1 Youth Organization
o Network with young successful fun Nigerians/Americans
o Benefit from leadership, professional and social activities.
Who Is A Member?
* Young people with a background or interest in Nigeria
* Age ranges from 14-30, (high school, college students and young professionals)
* Share a common desire to give back to their community
New members are always welcome!!!!
* Online Members-Only Access
* Networking with peers
* Free Members-Only events
* Special-Interest online forums
* Tutoring and Mentoring program
* NYA events (up to 50%)
* Nigerian publications subscription
* NYA merchandise
* NYA affiliates events
* Professional development seminars
* Annual Membership Dues ONLY $20.00
Click link below to access our membership form